Ning Lin, O.D., M.D.
M.D.: Sun Yat-Sen University Medical School, China.
O.D.: Pacific University College of Optometry, Oregon. Ophthalmology
Residency: University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC Cornea and Refractive Surgery
Fellowship: Hermann Eye Center, Houston, TX
Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology
20+ Years Experience in Academic and Clinical Eye Care
• Professor, Peking University Eye Center.
• Assistant Professor, North Texas Eye Research
• Visiting Assistant Professor, UT Southwestern
Medical Center at Dallas.
• Research in laser vision correction, pterygium,
Honors and Awards:
• Graduated With Distinction from Pacific University
College of Optometry.
• Research Grant from Fight for Sight-Prevent
Blindness America Research Award.
• Resident Research Award from SC Society of
• Best of Papers in the 2002 ASCRS meeting,
• Outstanding Fellow in Ophthalmology from UT
Health Sci Ctr at Houston.
• Physician’s Recognition Award in Continuing
Medical Education from AMA, AAO.
1. Preliminary Experiment in Human Corneal Endothelial Transplantation. Eye Science 1988; 4(3):156-160.
2. Tissue Culture of Infant Corneal Endothelial Cells. Chinese Journal of Ophthalmology 1989; 25(4):218-219.
3. Experimental Study of Transplantation of Tissue-Cultured Human Corneal Endothelium. Chinese Journal of Ophthalmology 1989; 25(6):355-356.
4. Müller and RPE Cell Response to Photoreceptor Cell Degeneration in Aging Fischer Rats. Exp Eye Res 1996; 63:9-18.
5. Photoreceptor Repair in Response to RPE Transplants in RCS Rats: Outer Segment Regeneration. Curr Eye Res 1996; 15:1069-1077.
6. Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor Intravitreal Injections Delay Age-Related Photoreceptor degeneration in the Fischer 344 Rat. Exp Eye Res 1997; 64:239-248.
7. Prediction of Corneal Haze Using the Ablation Depth /Corneal Thickness Ratio after Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis. J Refractive Surgery 2004; 20:1-6
1. Transplantation of Tissue-Cultured Human Corneal Endothelium onto Rabbit Corneas. 1987 ARVO Annual Meeting.
2. Effects of RPE Age and Culture Conditions on Support of Photoreceptor Cell Survival in Transplanted RCS rats. 1993 ARVO Annual Meeting.
3. Early Photoreceptor Cell Repair is initiated by RPE Transplants in RCS Dystrophic Rats: Outer Segment Regeneration. 1994 ARVO Annual Meeting.
4. Basic fibroblast growth factor treatment affects age-related photoreceptor degeneration in the Fischer 344 rat. 1996 ARVO Meeting.
5. An Antibody to RPE Secreted Proteins Inhibits Retinal Development and Photoreceptor Cell Maturation. 1997 ARVO Annual Meeting.
6. Effect of Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor on Age-Related Retinal Degeneration in Fischer 344 Rats: A Ultrastructural Study. 1998 ARVO Annual Meeting.
7. Apoptosis of Photoreceptor Cells In Fischer 344 Rats. 1999 ARVO Annual Meeting.
8. The Importance of Growth Factors in Pterygia. 1999 Annual South Carolina/North Carolina Combined Scientific Conferences. Hilton Head, SC. Sept. 9 – 11, 1999.
9. Apoptosis of Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells in Human Age-Related Macular Degeneration. 2000 ARVO Annual Meeting.
10. Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I And Its Receptor Are Present In Pterygia. 2000 ARVO Annual Meeting.
11. FISH Allelic Deletion of P53 in Pterygium - Is it a benign tumor? 2000 ACC Meeting.